We made our homemade lip gloss when my daughter had her friend over. It is the perfect “do it yourself” craft for girls!
1 Cup Vaseline
1 Package koolaid crystals, your choice of flavor, we chose cherry!
Lip gloss containers – We used empty containers we purchased at our local craft store.
1. Put 1 cup of Vaseline in a microwave safe bowl
2. Heat the Vaseline in 30 second intervals, stirring vigorously between each heating, until it is in liquid form (approximately 5 – 6 minutes). It will be very hot! Make sure you wear gloves or oven mitts when removing the bowl to stir.
3. Let it cool to room temperature, or close to it (or Koolaid will cook not dissolve) and then add koolaid until desired color is reached. Stir until the crystals are completely dissolved.
4. Pour into your lip gloss containers and let solidify, about two hours.
5. And lastly, decorate your containers!
Another fun Do it Yourself Craft is Homemade Sugar Scrub!
*This article was originally published in the March/April 2013 issue of City Unwrapped.