Ready for Easy Crock Pot BBQ Chicken?
Two years ago, here in Charlotte, they were predicting the #snowcopolypse this weekend. There was “snowtelling” the kind of “snowvestation” the snow storm was going to cause. So, like a good little weather watcher, I ran to the store and bought ingredients for some crock pot meals including ingredients for an easy crock pot bbq chicken recipe.
Turns out there was no “snowcopolypse” or “snowmagedon”; just about 3 inches of snow – just enough for my kids and dogs to enjoy it.
But, what the heck, it was still cold and I had the ingredients for the easy crock pot bbq chicken
so I went ahead and made it. so I went ahead and left directions for my son Reece to make it. Reece is starting to learn how to cook and is actually enjoying it so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to show him how to use a crock pot and he did a smashing job. Although we almost had a little faux pas. I left instructions to add 2 lbs of chicken breasts to the crock pot. He thought I wrote “two chicken breasts”. Woops! If that would have happened, we would have been a little short on the amount of servings we had!
What makes this recipe so easy is that you probably have all the ingredients you need in your cupboard now. This recipe is so delicious is because the chicken is so soft and moist that when you are shredding it, it literally just falls apart.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add the chicken to the crock pot.
- Add the sea salt.
- In a medium bowl mix the bbq sauce, zesty Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Pour over chicken, cover, and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Once time is up, shred the chicken with 2 forks and cover.
- Let cook another 30 - 45 minutes to let the chicken marinate in the sauce.
- Serve on a bun with coleslaw, or, serve alone, over rice, or with some coleslaw on the side. Enjoy!