This Simple Savory Meatballs recipe is so good, I had to fight back Reece, Mel, and Betsy just to get the pictures!
Growing up, my mom always had the best meatballs recipe. She never made spaghetti without meatballs. And for years I tried to match the taste of hers, but I couldn’t, so I just stopped trying. It’s like, what is the point of making meatballs if they don’t taste good?
Then, I found my moms meatballs recipe in her stash of recipes and I couldn’t believe it. I knew I was going to make that recipe ASAP. I mean, meatballs aren’t just for spaghetti you know.
Meatballs make a great appetizer for football games, parties, or what about a meatball sandwich? Yum…that sounds good. So does making meatloaf out of this recipe. I should have tried that. Maybe I will. But, I will have to cook in secrecy for fear of my family hovering around like vultures.
This recipe calls for your favorite bbq sauce and I don’t have a favorite bbq sauce. I am still looking for one that will knock my socks off. Searching for the bbq sauce that will be my one and only, my go to bbq. What is your favorite? Maybe you can help a girl out with finding one. Anyway, let’s move it along with this recipe shall we?
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs. your favorite bbq sauce
- large plastic zipper bag (or something in which to be able to coat the meat)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and bbq sauce to make bbq glaze, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix meat and 3 tablespoons of the bbq glaze you just mixed. Set the rest aside.
- Shape meat/glaze mixture into 20 balls, about an inch around each.
- Place remaining glaze in zipper bag. Add meatballs in batches; shake gently until evenly coated.
- Place in meatballs in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet. Spread any remaining glaze on the meatballs.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink.
- Serve with your favorite bbq sauce.