Yum! Red White and Blueberry fruit salad?! Yes please!
With Summer nipping at our heels, I am always on the look out for easy, fun, recipes and the Red White and Blueberry Fruit Salad is no exception! A perfect recipe for Memorial Day (celebrate our heroes!) or 4th of July (celebrate our freedom!) or anywhere in between this yummy fruit salad is simple to make, kids love it, adults love it, I mean, who wouldn’t love it?
I am all about eating ‘cool’ foods when it gets warm outside – I want to spend as little time in front of a hot, baking oven as little as I have to….and adding a salad to any meal, potluck or barbecue is just topping on the cake!
Check it out.
- 16 oz strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 16 oz blueberries
- 4 bananas
- 2 tbs of fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (or less if you desire)
- Mix the strawberries and blueberries together in a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Toss lightly.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- 30 minutes before serving, cut the bananas into slices and toss with the berries.
- (The lemon juice acts as a preservative to keep the bananas from turning brown.)
Looking for some other red white and blue recipes?
Latest posts by Katie (Posts)
- Easy Chicken Taquitos Recipe - October 19, 2017
- The Southern Christmas Show is back – Celebrating it’s 50th Anniversary! - October 18, 2017
- Reasons to Speak Up - October 18, 2017