The best egg salad recipe ever! No, seriously, it is!
Warmer weather is here and that means the best egg salad ever! Of course, I know that means easy recipes, picnics to share food, and sandwiches too!
My favorite sandwich is an Egg Salad Sandwich. I actually stopped going to a local (but national chain) sandwich shop because they stopped serving egg salad.
This is another one of my Mom’s recipes from her recipe collection and I am happy to share it with all of you. It will also be part of my Recipe Project once I get that started. (The Recipe Project will list recipes that were handed down, old, found in someone treasures, etc.)
You can serve the Egg Salad Sandwich with any kind of bread (we love croissants!) or even as a side dish at a bbq, but just remember to make more if you are going to bring this to any bbq!
Best Egg Salad Recipe
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chilled and peeled
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (as I was chopping this, I thought…I wonder if they use dill to make dill pickles?! I must find out!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Radish, lettuce to garnish sandwich
- Black pepper to taste
- Add the red onion, dill, lemon juice, mayo, mustard and salt into a large bowl. Mix until blended.
- When adding the eggs, you can either chop them up first or use your hand to break them up and add them to the contents of the bowl. Once the eggs are added to the bowl , simply stir until mixed well.
- Add to your choice of bread, add some sliced radishes and lettuce to your sandwich and serve.