Club Kabobs put a little twist on the average club sandwich.
I do, I like sandwiches. Add a little trick to the same old same old club sandwich and you get Club Kabobs. Um…hello delish. When I was growing up, my mom made the best sandwiches. I don’t know why. Was it good because she made it? Or was it good because it was just good? Whatever the case may be, making this Club Kabob made me realize, I too can make good sandwiches!
This in one of the recipes from my Recipe Project – You know, the recipes that have been handed down in my family or came from a large manila envelope my mom was going to make prior to her passing away in 2011. I am really proud of how good this turned out. My kids wanted more, my husband wanted more, it was an all and all around success.
Unfortunately, since this Club Kabob recipe was just printed out on a piece of paper, I don’t know who the original author was, but I did make a few changes.
Try it for yourself and tell me what you think!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Thousand Island dressing
- 2 tsp sweet pickle relish, well drained
- 9 slices toasted sandwich bread
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices cooked turkey (or more if you want)
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon
- Cherry tomatoes
- (10-inch) wooden skewers
- In small bowl, combine mayo, Thousand Island dressing and pickle relish; mix well.
- Spread mayo mixture on ONE side of each toasted bread slice.
- Top each of 3 slices of toasted bread with 1 lettuce leaf and 2 slices of turkey. Follow with topping Cover each with second slice of toast, spread side down.
- Add with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, and 2 bacon slices to each.
- Cover each with third slice of toast, spread side down.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 pieces.
- For each kabob, alternate 3 sandwich pieces with cherry tomato on skewer.
Latest posts by Katie (Posts)
- The Hottest Southern Fashions for Women - October 29, 2017
- Easy Chicken Taquitos Recipe - October 19, 2017
- The Southern Christmas Show is back – Celebrating it’s 50th Anniversary! - October 18, 2017