Fiery Chicken Tacos and Corn Salsa
Are your taste buds ready for Fiery Chicken Tacos and Corn Salsa? It is delicious and easy to make!
When my Mom passed away in 2011, my sisters and I were in charge of going through all the papers, boxes, and files in her office. I found a couple of really big manila envelopes that were labeled, “Recipes to Try” in my Mom’s handwriting. I asked my sisters if I could take these envelopes and they both said yes. I knew what I wanted to do was make every recipe in those envelopes.
Some were hand written, some were torn out of magazines, and some were printed off the computer. I am determined to try every, single one of them, part of “The Recipe Project”. “The Recipe Project” is a little project of mine to make recipes handed down from family and friends, old recipes, and more.
This is the first of Mom’s recipes.
Why this recipe is so yummy!
Grilled Chicken – we are in grilling weather now! Yum!
Tacos – who can say no to tacos? Not me!
Corn salsa – Hello YUMMY!
Are you ready to fire up that BBQ yet?
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup jicama
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons cayenne or red pepper (if you don’t want it too “fiery’, you can reduce this to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, cayenne pepper, pepper, salt and mix well. Once mixed, add your cut up chicken to that bowl and make sure all the pieces are covered with your marinade. At this point, cover the bowl of chicken and marinate it in the refrigerator for the amount time it will take you to make the salsa (next step). Or, to add even more flavor to the chicken, let it marinate for at least an hour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the jicama, corn, red onion, red bell pepper, and cilantro – Mix it up! Then add the lime juice and zest and mix again! Now, set this aside.
- Go to your preheated grill and grill the chicken until the juices run clear – about 4-5 minutes on each side should do it.
- Grab your warm corn tortillas, open them up and top with chicken and then the corn salsa. DELISH!
Latest posts by Katie (Posts)
- The Hottest Southern Fashions for Women - October 29, 2017
- Easy Chicken Taquitos Recipe - October 19, 2017
- The Southern Christmas Show is back – Celebrating it’s 50th Anniversary! - October 18, 2017