A double yum on these Oven Baked Parmesan Green Beans!
Seriously, I have been obsessed with broccoli and green beans lately, then I decided to make Oven Baked Parmesan Green Beans and it took my green beans to a whole other level. Seriously. While eating broccoli and green beans just steamed or boiled is just fine with me, sometimes I do like to go out of the normal. Know what I mean?
One day when I was visiting my sister-in-law Bridget in Charleston, she made the most delicious green beans…ever! They were cooked green beans, but better. They was some sort of kick to them and ever since then, I have been trying to come up with a different way to make green beans…and voila! Here we are with the Oven Baked Green Beans! (But Bridget, I still need your green bean recipe! Ha!).
Last Friday it rained all day here and my thought was, “Oh, I can turn on the oven because it is not 3 million degrees outside!”. So I made this DELISH broccoli cheese pasta recipe. Ummm….YUM! But alas, my family ate it all up before I could take any pictures. Sad face. The good news? That means I can make broccoli cheese pasta recipe again soon so I can snap a picture of it!
Now wait, back to those Oven Fried Green Beans. They were super easy to make and honestly, I should have made more because my family devoured them. Do you have any ‘go to’ green bean recipes? If so, please share so I can try them!
Are you ready for the recipe? I am! Here we go!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt (you can use more or less...but I love garlic salt..my new obsession.)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and dry the fresh green beans, set aside.
- In a large bowl, first whisk the egg until beaten. Add the the oil, garlic, and garlic salt and whisk again until blended.
- Toss in the green beans and coat well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and toss.
- Place evenly on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- To make lightly crispy like I do, heat for a minute or two under broiler.