My friend Brandy at Not So Average Mama wrote a post about a challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
I commented on it..and then she “triple dog dared” me to write my own….Man..a dare? I guess she knows me too well…I cannot pass up a dare. So here it is.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List’. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
My start date is: Monday, January 2nd 2012
End date: Monday, September 29th, 2014
1. Create journals for both of my kids – Write at least once a week about their lives.
2. Take Mel to Atlantic City
3. Exercise 5x a week every week for a month (and keep it up!).
4. Lose 5 lbs
5. Lose 10 lbs
6. Lose 15 lbs
7. Only drink 1 Dr. Pepper a day (this is a HUGE deal for me)
8. Take a photography class.
9. Drink 64 ounces a water a day for a month (and keep it up!)
10. Visit at least 5 cities on the NC/SC Coast with my family
11. Attend 2 blogging conferences
12. Remake my kitchen – Paint, Flooring, Decor
13. Declutter my office
14. Declutter all closets (6) I kind of feel like a hoarder!!!
15. Get 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day for a month (and keep it up)
16. Start taking vitamins daily
17. Start the Dave Ramsey Money Maker Plan – and follow it through!
18. Save at least 500.00
19. Get Life Insurance (or find out if I have any!)
20. Write at least one blog post a day for a month
21. Pay off truck
22. Take my kids to Great Wolf Lodge
23. Go to Disney again with my family (before my kids get too old!)
24. Get a massage
25. Get my hair done my a professional
26. Get a manicure once a week for a month
27. Really learn how to monetize my blog
28. Run a mile without stopping
29. Run two miles without stopping
30. No fast food for a month
31. Make a cookbook (even just for myself!)
32. Put boxes of pictures in albums
33. (After 32) Print pictures and put them in albums
34. Get bears made out of Moms shirts
35. Take a nature walk with the kids once a week and see something new in nature that we can talk about. (Once a week for a month.)
36. Learn how to play Reece’s xBox game better so he can have some competition!
37. Buy a classic muscle car (cuda or 69 camaro) that we can rebuild
38. Get a physical every year
39. Take the kids berry picking
40. Tie a secret to a balloon a let it go
41. Get a caricature of my whole family
42. Ride The Intimadator
43. Donate blood
44. Dance, sing, and play in the rain with my kids
45. Blog about every completed goal
46. Print this list so I know what to blog about 1/15/2011
47. Go to a concert my kids want to go to
48. Go to a rock concert
49. Go to a country concert
50. Make ice cream from scratch with the kids
51. Play paintball
52. Carve my name in a tree
53. Read 10 autobiographies
54. Answer AND blog my answers to the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind.
55. Landscape my front yard
56. Build a vegetable garden and don’t kill it
57. Pay for someone else’s food at the drive through
Oh my gosh…barely half way through. Brandy what did you get me into? HHA!
58. Send flowers to both my sisters for no reason
59. Write a will
60. Talk to the homeless man I see on the corner all the time
61. Create a Memory book of my Mom
62. Visit 5 museums
63. Play a round of golf
64. Take Reece to a hockey game..just the two of us
65. Take Betsy to a spa…just the two of us
66. Apply for Wheel of Fortune…I could totally win!!!
67. Get or start my own “Positive Thinking” journal
68. Learn about the history of NC with kids through books
69. Adopt a family at Christmas
70. Get my palm read
71. Join a pool league
72. Do breathing exercises every morning for a week (and keep it up!)
73. Read 5 magazines that are new to me
Weight Watchers Magazine 1/10/2011
74. Make a change jar for me, Reece, and Betsy (and don’t spend it – at least mine)
75. Create a budget
76. Save at least $1000
77. Save at least $1500
78. Save at least $2000
79. Clean out, organize, and paint laundry room
80. Visit Asheboro Zoo
81. Ask 10 people to recommend a book, and read them all
The Help – Recommended by Many 1/10/2011
Room – By Emma Donoghue Recommended by my friend Laura 1/16
82. Actually USE all the resusable grocery bags I have for a month
83. Write my kids letters on their birthdays like my Dad does for me.
84. Give away at least 10 things on Freecycle
85. Put away $10.00 for every goal completed.
86. Attend a book signing with my kids
87. Shop at a Farmer’s Market 2x a month for 3 months
88. Grow huge sunflowers with my kids
89. Learn how to use my camera
90. Re-Read “Where the Red Fern Grows”
91. Buy a shredder and shred all old documents
92. Organize old documents, bills, etc
93. Make Salsa that tastes like Salsaritas salsa!
94. Collect and reuse rainwater
95. Listen to 101 songs by artists I have never heard before.
96. Participate in a “walk” for a cause
97. Cook 50 recipes from cookbooks or magazines I already own
98. Create shadow boxes for my Dad
99. Complete 4 (or more) 1000+ piece puzzles
One Complete 1/5/2011
100. Blog about each task as I finish it.
101. Start a new 101 in 1001 List.
PHEW!!! That was hard…guess I better get busy now.. HAHA!