Learn something about yourself and ask yourself these tough questions.
I am asking you to ask yourself these tough questions, but can I? In my list of 1001 in 101, one of the things on my ‘to do’ list was to answer the “50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind“ from the Marc and Angel Hack Life website. I decided I wanted to answer these questions, because, for the most part, I ignore who I am, what I feel, actually, anything that makes me uneasy about myself I tend to ignore.
Well, now I am standing up and starting to answer these tough questions. I am going to start with some easy ones at first, and only answer a few at a time. So, here goes nothing. The numbers on each of the questions are the actual question numbers on the Marc and Angel Hack Life website.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Dude really. Ugh. Ok. Honestly, as much as I want to say “never trying” is worse, right now I feel like actually failing is worse. I was not happy with my career path and decided to try a start up magazine business. I loved working on it. My advertisers and readers loved it. It made me happy. Truly happy. However, it was a huge money pit and I was a terrible cold-calling salesperson and could not find a could salesperson. By the time I realized this magazine was never going to be a success I had thrown my family into a financial nightmare. All because of my dream. All because I tried and failed. As much joy as the magazine gave me, the memory of failing at something I wanted so badly and the financial nightmare it caused, is far worse for me than if I had never tried. Hopefully one day I will change my mind about this.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Love yourself. I am not sure why I have struggled my entire life with my self esteem. I don’t know why I don’t think I have ever even loved myself. I just don’t know why. I am not a bad person, I try to always help others and do good things, but I am also always beating myself up for no reason. I would tell that baby to love themselves first and most, because not loving yourself could have devastating effects.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? First, I avoid elevators as much as possible. I don’t know if it is claustrophobia , but I cannot stand to in in anything (elevator, plane, back seat of a car with no doors) that I do not have a clear exit and that I can control. Sure, elevators have exits, but if it gets stuck how the heck am I getting out, dangling who knows how many floors up. And check out this pic I took:
Does it not look like someone was trying to pry the elevator doors open? UGH!
Anyway, to answer the question, no, I do not press the elevator button more than once and definitely do not think it makes it go quicker if you do.
37. If you won a million dollars would you quit your job? My initial reaction was HECK YEA! But in all reality, no I would not quit, at least not right away. I think I would take a couple weeks off and take a real vacation. Then, when I was nice and relaxed I would find the best financial advisor to help me grow that initial million. Once I started seeing growth and real returns on that million, then yes, I would quit my job and do something I really want to do with my career without the financial need hanging over my head.
Stay tuned! I still have 47 more questions to answer! HA!
Latest posts by Katie (Posts)
- The Hottest Southern Fashions for Women - October 29, 2017
- Easy Chicken Taquitos Recipe - October 19, 2017
- The Southern Christmas Show is back – Celebrating it’s 50th Anniversary! - October 18, 2017