This Easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe can be made with ingredients you already have in your cupboard I bet! I was only missing one ingredient! Woop!
2 Cups of flour
3/4 Cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup vegetable shortening
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Put 1/2 cup of the mixture in a small bowl, stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the cinnamon, and set aside.
5. Stir in the egg and the milk into the remaining mixture.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
7. Pour the melted butter over the top and sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture evenly over the butter.
8. Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes!
This recipe is part of my 101 in 1001!