Why not try one of these tailgating sausage recipes the next time you are in the mood for sausage?
Or heck, try them at home watching the Carolina Panthers at home making their way to the Super Bowl!
And why not, especially if you are a Carolina Panthers fan! Kayem is the official brand of Franks and Sausages of the Carolina Panthers and Bank of America Stadium through 2017. Bank of America Stadium will serve Kayem’s classic Beef Hot Dogs and Italian Sausage. Kayem’s products have no fillers and are MSG and Gluten free.
When I was given the opportunity to try out Kayem Sausage for a tailgating sausage recipe, I had a hard time deciding which sausage I would choose. I mean, check out all the different varieties of Kayem Sausage and Franks:
Ultimately, I decided to make two tailgating sausage recipes – One with the Pineapple Uncured Bacon Sausage and one with Artisan Sweet Sausage.
Onion, Cheese, Pepper, and Sausage Grill Recipe
Beyond the stadium, Kayem is now at all Harris Teeter stores so that all tailgaters and game hosts can serve tasty hot dogs and sausage throughout the season. Go get some today!
Oh, and by the way, the Panther sitting in front of Bank of America stadium also seems to like Kayem sausages!
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, washed and cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, washed and cut into strips
- 4 slices of swiss cheese, cut diagonally. (You can use any cheese you like, we just happen to prefer Swiss.)
- 1 package Kayem Artisan Pineapple Uncured Bacon Sausage
- 4 rolls
- Fresh, large pineapple chunks
- Melt butter in a medium skillet on medium heat.
- Add sliced onion and sliced bell peppers, stir occasionally, until lightly browned. Set aside. (You can do steps 1 & 2 at home if you are tailgating, then bring it with you and warm it back up in tinfoil on the grill.)
- Grill Kayem Artisan Pineapple Uncured Bacon Sausage over medium coals, turn often. Grill until hot and brown on all sides.
- Towards the end of grilling the sausage, throw some pineapple chunks on the grill.
- If you want your rolls warm, place them open side up on the grill - but watch them carefully! They burn easily.
- Take your roll, place two pieces of cheese, then the sausage and top with grilled onions and peppers.
- Serve with grilled pineapple, enjoy!