Who can resist an autumn apple salad?
I mean, it’s an autumn apple salad! It’s autumn, which is awesome in itself, add some crispy apples, crumbled blue cheese, and salad greens and you have a winner! My plan was to head over to an apple orchard in North Carolina, but alas, it hasn’t happened yet. Sometimes life just gets in the way of things you really want to do.
Pair the Autumn apple Salad with the Apple Sauce Glazed Chicken for a yummy dinner!
So let’s get to this recipe ok?
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 red delicious apples- skin on, cut into thin slices
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Put dressing ingredients into shaker and refrigerate.
- Mix lettuces, sliced apples, blue cheese, and pecans into a large bowl.
- Put chilled dressing over lettuce mixture and toss.