Apple Sauce Glazed Chicken is so easy to make and makes for a quick meal for dinner.
Seriously, try it yourself. I made the Apple Sauce Glazed Chicken with leftover Homemade Apple Sauce, but store bought apple sauce works just fine.
I had planned this whole adventure. Go to an apple orchard, pick my own apples, then make apple recipes. The problem? The weather IS NOT cooperating here in Charlotte or the Piedmont. It is still in the high 80’s or low 90’s and, that to me, is not the kind of weather I want to be walking around an orchard in. You?
Anyway, I still bought some local apples and decided to make a few recipes.
This one, the Apple Sauce Glazed Chicken, was a hit in my house because 1 – it was delicious and 2 – it was delicious because I *think* the chicken stayed as moist as it did because it was covered in apple sauce. Serve it with a bed of lettuce and crumbled blue cheese and voila! A delicious home made meal! Check it out.
- 1 lb chicken tenders or 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup applesauce (use unsweetened store bought or use home made)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place on foil-lined 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan, combine marmalade, cornstarch, ginger and garlic. Add applesauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and spread evenly over chicken.
- Bake for twenty minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Serve over rice.