Crack Crock Pot Chicken is an odd name for a recipe right?
But when I saw the recipe at Aunt Bees Recipes website, I had to the Crack Crock Pot Chicken for myself. Now, my assumption was that it was called that because it was so good and you could not get enough of it right? Well, I forged ahead and decided to make it. I mean, why not? It seemed easy, throw everything in a crock pot while you were at work and then when you get home, it is almost done. Shoot. Who doesn’t like crock pot meals this time of year.
Although, I must say, I am getting a little frustrated with the weather here in Charlotte lately. 80 degrees on the second to last day in October? NO! I want it to be cooler. But, I digress. The crock pot chicken recipe was in fact delicious. Betsy and I ate ours on a bun like pulled chicken, while Reece and Mel ate theirs without a bun.
So who is ready to try this Crack Crock Pot Chicken?
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (add more if it is too cheesy or thick for you)
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Put chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Pour ranch dressing mix on top of chicken.
- Place cream cheese block on top.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Make bacon, crumble, and set aside.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Add the mayonnaise, cheese, green onions, and bacon. (Or, you can do what I did and added it to the top of each portion.)
- Stir and replace lid and cook on low for 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on rolls, crackers, or alone.