That’s right – The Boy Scouts need you to help them! On Saturday February 5, Mecklenburg County Boy Scouts will be going door to door collecting canned good for Loaves and Fishes to kick off Scouting for Food!
“Loaves & Fishes is a nonprofit emergency food pantry program which provides a week’s worth of groceries to people in crisis in Charlotte Mecklenburg. Loaves & Fishes began in 1975 when a handful of people in our community recognized the growing hunger needs in our area and opened a single food pantry to address those needs. In 1975, Loaves & Fishes fed approximately 1,000 people. Since 1975, Loaves & Fishes has grown to a network of 18 pantries located throughout Mecklenburg County. Loaves & Fishes served 102,638 people in 2009.”
There are three ways you can help:
- Mecklenburg County Boy Scouts will distribute Harris Teeter bags throughout the community. Just fill the bags with non-perishable foods and leave outside your home for pick up on Saturday, February 5th.
- Visit any Mecklenburg County Harris Teeter store February 5 through February 13th where there will be bins available for food drop off.
- Drop-Off Food Donations at one of these locations February 5 and 6 and February 12 and 13. Tractor Trailer Trucks will be collecting food at the following locations
- Arboretum Shopping Center-Providence and Hwy 51, Charlotte
- Davidson United Methodist Church-233 South Main Street, Davidson
- Huntersville United Methodist Church (February 6 only)-14005 Stumptown Rd., Huntersville
- Mulberry Presbyterian Church-5600 Tuckaseegee Road, Charlotte
- Sharon United Methodist Church-4411 Sharon Road, Charlotte
- St. Mark’s Catholic Church-14740 Stumptown Road,
- Huntersville Town Center Plaza-8600 University City Blvd., Charlotte
- Trinity Presbyterian Church-3115 Providence Road, Charlotte