The Best Taco Salad Recipe Ever – Haystacks!
Everyone in my family devoured this meal! But not only that, I tried it out when Betsy’s friend Sam was over and her opinion? “I love it! My mom needs this recipe!” Now that is what I call a winning meal!
Haystacks Recipe - The Best Taco Salad Recipe Ever!
- (8) Corn Tortillas, halved then cut crosswise into ¼ inch strips
- (2) TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (2) Cans (15 oz ea) pinto beans, rinsed
- (1½) Cups jarred mild salsa
- (1/2) Head Romain Lettuce, shredded
- (1) Cup Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- (1/4) cup black olives, sliced
- (1 lb) browned and drained ground beef
- Brown and drain meat, set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl toss the tortilla strips with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season with salt and pepper. Arrange a single layer on two baking sheets and bake, switching and rotating the pans half way through the baking time until crisp, 8 - 10 minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the beans and 1 cup salsa; bring to simmer over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the lettuce among 4 plates and top with the mean mixture, meat, cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream, olives, and remaining salsa.