Looking for an easy Pico de Gallo Salsa recipe?
Then check this recipe out. I absolutely love, love, love fresh salsa and if I can make it at home, even better! This easy Pico de Gallo Salsa is not too mild, but not too hot either. It is perfect.
With football season right around the corner, holidays creeping up before you know it, you will definitely need the easy salsa recipe on hand. I have tried many pico de gallo salsa recipes because I am on the hunt for the salsa that tastes most like Salsarita’s, but alas, I have yet to find the missing ingredient.
But, never fear, I will continue making new salsa recipes until I can perfect it to taste like Salsarita’s.
Do you have a favorite fresh salsa recipe I can try? I would love to have more to try!
- 3 small, on the vine tomatoes, diced & seeded
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced (leave the seeds for a spicier salsa)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- To remove the strong “bite” out of the onion, soak the diced red onion in a small bowl of ice water for 10-15 minutes. Combine tomatoes, jalapeño, and onion in a small bowl.
- Add the juice of 1/2 the lime.
- Add cilantro.
- Add salt.
- Taste and add the juice of the other 1/2 of lime or more salt if needed.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, giving the ingredients time to blend, then serve!