Try these home baked pita chips!
The recipe for the home baked pita chips is so easy that once you start making them, you won’t stop! A few years ago, I would go to parties and all of the sudden pita chips were being served with dip instead of crackers. And because no crackers were around, I had to try pita chips. I mean, I could not just skip a dip because there were no crackers right? And to my surprise, I ended up loving them. I started serving pita chips during get togethers at my house. Here was the hard part. I would have to buy the pita chips and hide them, even from my kids, so that I still had some left to serve.
Then, about two years ago I thought, “Hey, I pita chips can’t be that hard to make, I should try it!”. And what do you know. Pita chips really are easy to make! Check out the recipe for yourself.
- 4 plain pita rounds cut into triangles
- 3 tbs. virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Arrange pita triangles in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder.
- Using a pastry brush, cover the pita triangles with the oil mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes then serve!
- Any remaining pita chips can be saved. But I never have any leftover!
Hey, why not try the pita chips with this yummy cheddar bacon dip?