Have you ever tried one of these uses for vinegar?
While we know distilled, white vinegar is a rock star in the kitchen, but did you know about these uses for vinegar? Did you know it can also be used as an all-purpose cleaner, brightener, herbicide and more?
Check out these lesser known uses for vinegar:
- End the itching. Dab a cotton ball soaked in white vinegar on mosquito bites and insect stings. It will stop the itching and help disinfect the area.
- Brighten coffee cups. Gently scrub stains with equal parts vinegar and baking soda.
- Sticker residue. Don’t scratch at the residue left by stickers or price tags. Instead, apply vinegar, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe it away.
- Rinse fruits and vegetables. Add 2 tablespoons white vinegar to one pint water. Use the mixture to wash fresh fruits and vegetables, then rinse thoroughly. The solution kills more pesticide residue than water.
- Clean the dishwasher. Pour a cup of vinegar into an empty dishwasher once a month and run it through a cycle to get rid of soap buildup and food residue.
- Get rid of odors. Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and spray your home to neutralize odors in fabrics, carpets, shoes or any sprayable surface.
- Lose the carpet stain. Make a paste of 2 tablespoons vinegar and ¼ cup baking soda. Rub into the stain and let it dry. Vacuum the residue the next day. (Always test your carpet first!)
- Bye bye weeds. Pour white vinegar on the weeds growing in the cracks of your walkways and driveway. Saturate the plant so the vinegar reaches the roots.
- Gum remover. To remove gum from fabric or hair, heat a small bowl of vinegar in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Pour the warm vinegar over the gum, saturating the area. The gum will dissolve.
- Loosen a rusted screw. Pour vinegar onto the screw and it will easily unstick.
- Repair DVDs and CDs. If you have DVDs or CDs that skip or freeze, wipe them down with white vinegar applied to a soft cloth. Make sure the DVD is completely dry before reinserting it into the player.
Do you know of any more uses for vinegar?
Latest posts by Katie (Posts)
- Protect From Sunburn and Also Protect the Environment - August 15, 2017
- Do Not Use Email When Searching for a Car - August 6, 2017
- Wigs for Black Women from BlackHairSpray.com - June 29, 2017