Are you ready for the best cornbread ever?
Are you ready for the best cornbread ever? My family loves cornbread. Loves it, but alas, I rarely make it because it seems like it always tastes the same.
However, a few years ago my friend Danielle introduced us to Farmer Deron’s Cornbread. And that is seriously the best cornbread. I never did ask her who Farmer Deron is or how the heck she got this recipe, but holy moly, this is the best cornbread ever. She was my partner in crime at one of the Chili Cook-Offs where we got second place for table decoration and first place for “People’s Choice”. But, alas, she has moved way far away from me. 🙁 We remain good friends and she was gracious enough to allow me to share this recipe with you.
- (1) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- (2) TBSP butter
- (1) bunch of green onions, finely chopped
- (1) egg, beaten
- (1/2) cup milk
- (1) cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Grease an 8x8 glass or metal dish.
- In a small skillet, melt butter and cook green onion until tender.
- Pour Jiffy mix into a large bowl, adding the milk and beaten egg. Stir in the green onions and cheese. Stir until batter is mixed well.
- Place mixture into greased dish and put in oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes.