You can get ready for St. Patrick’s Day by making some Irish Soda Bread!
Irish Soda Bread Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk, additional
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add cooled butter and buttermilk and mix well.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface (sprinkling dough with additional flour if too sticky to handle). Knead for 2 minutes, until dough is firm.
- Shape into 2 round loaves. (If making one loaf a raisin bread, add the 1 cup of raisins to one loaf now.) Rub each loaf with 2 teaspoons buttermilk, then sprinkle each lightly with flour. Cut an X into the top of each loaf with a knife.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, and floured.
- Bake at 375 degrees oven for 1 hour, or until a deep, golden
- brown color.
Want more St. Patrick’s Day recipes?
Crock Pot Corned Beef Brisket & Irish Mashed Potatoes
Latest posts by Katie (Posts)
- Protect From Sunburn and Also Protect the Environment - August 15, 2017
- Do Not Use Email When Searching for a Car - August 6, 2017
- Wigs for Black Women from BlackHairSpray.com - June 29, 2017