Peaches for Breakfast? Yes please!
Have you been looking for a great breakfast recipe or brunch recipe? You love peaches right? Why not peaches for breakfast? Try this Peach Sunrise recipe. Chock full of peaches, it could almost be a dessert! Everyone likes fruit with their breakfast, but adding whole grain bread, some sugar and a few other ingredients, I bet this will end up being one of your favorite breakfast recipes! You won’t need to worry about leftovers, there won’t be any. 😀
Peaches for Breakfast – Peach Sunrise Recipe
The Peach Sunrise recipe is great for brunch or even as a fruity dessert!
- 2 14 oz cans of peaches, drained (or if peaches are in season, use about 5 fresh peaches, sliced and skinned)
- 5 slices Whole Grain White Bread
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using additional butter, butter an 8 inch square baking dish.Cut crust from bread slices.
- Cut each slice into 4 or 5 long slices.
- Place peaches evenly into buttered dish and then cover the peaches with the sliced bread.Using a hand mixer, beat the butter, sugar, flour, and egg together until mixed.
- Carefully spread the mixture over the peaches and bread.Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.