Look no further for the best chili ever!
This is seriously the best chili ever. Maybe because it is my moms recipe, maybe because I have been eating all my life, but seriously, this is the best chili ever. No Joke.
I even won the “People’s Choice Award” twice when I have entered it into recipe contests. It is scrumptious! And while a lot of people say “Chili is just for cooler weather,” I will eat this chili any day of the week, any season, any time. Seriously.
Here is what happens every time I make this. Initially, everybody has one bowl, then they realize, oh.my.gosh., I need another bowl. So you grab another bowl, even though you are already stuffed from the first bowl, but you cannot stop eating it! It is that good. Seriously.
Try it for yourself. And, by the way, if you want it spicier, add more chili powder or maybe even some habenero peppers! YUM!
- 1 - 1.5lbs Ground Chuck
- (2) Celery stalks, chopped
- (1) Small Onion Chopped
- (1) Can Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chili's
- (2) Large Cans Bush's Chili Beans
- (1) Small Can Pinto Beans, washed & drained
- (1) Small Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup water - you can add more, but it makes the chili watered down
- 1 - 1.5 TBS Chili Powder
- 2 TSP Cumin
- Dash or Two of Cayenne or Red Pepper Sauce - The more you add, the spicier it gets!
- Brown ground beef, drain, and put back on burner.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and cayenne to meat. Cook on low to make sure the meat has absorbed them.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot or crock pot and cook until warm